Title: Manager, Sales & Business Development
Location: Washington, D.C.
Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) is seeking an experienced sales and marketing professional who will create and execute sales and marketing strategies and plans to increase revenue of various association products to include SipSource and the State Law Database as well as assist with meetings and convention sales as assigned.
This position works closely with multiple departments in the association as well as with WSWA member companies and outside consultants. This position will have the opportunity to engage with a variety of stakeholders as well as internal staff while growing association product sales and developing business relationships.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to understand the business needs of potential sales targets, along with the capability of effectively identifying leads, making an offer, and closing the sale. They must be able to think about the big picture and understand what is needed for the association as well as the goals of the sales targets. This candidate should be creative and have some understanding of marketing to help with ideas for and development of various marketing pieces to ensure success for their job.
- Create and execute sales strategy and plan to increase SipSource subscriptions.
- Help internal team create and execute marketing of SipSource, e.g., through webinars, media articles, social media posts, press releases and direct (e)mail marketing pieces, etc.
- Work with third-parties on joint promotional efforts.
- Help design and sell custom-designed SipSource products, e.g., customized data products tailored to specific buyers.
State Law Database
- Work with the Legal & Regulatory department to market and sell subscriptions to the State Law Database.
- Responsible for all sponsorship sales of the new event: Access INTEL
- Must maintain and build relationships with current sponsors while prospecting and developing relationships with new sales targets.
- Assist with development of sales and marketing materials.
- Other meeting sales duties as assigned
- Be a part of a team developing and executing a reimagined convention, relaunching in April 2023. Willingness to bring ideas to the table and actively engage with team is critical to the success of this role!
- Works with WSWA Manager of Sales and Business Development with logistics and follow-up for exhibitors, suite holders, and sponsors.
- Assist with up-selling once main sale is complete.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in prospect development and management and customer retention.
- Experience in developing lists for email and direct mail marketing campaigns for product sales.
- Expertise in the development of sales plans including the identification of target markets, customer segmentation, and customer outreach.
- Strong oral and written skills. Comfortable with giving presentations to varying sizes of groups.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of team is required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills required.
- Consistent and thorough attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Ability to understand how the sales of each of the various association products benefit different customers.
- Hospitality Industry experience preferred.
- 3-5 years relevant sales and/or marketing experience.
- Outgoing personality dedicated to completing jobs successfully.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Travel is required.
- Alcohol industry knowledge a plus but not required.